Originally Posted by conantheogar2
I have never owned a multi Gpu Card can you let us know the Pros & Cons of your GX2?
So I went from 8800GTX to 9800GX2 to 4870X2 to GTX260 core 216.
Pros and cons after suffering through the 9800GX2:
- Benchmarks show high framerates
- You get SLI and only need one slot
- Was cheaper at the time than buying two individual cards and doing SLI
- Microstutter - framerates may be high but not consistent
- Driver problems often forced me to disable one core to get games to run properly
- Can take some time to get a new driver that properly supports your game
I will note that these pros/cons are mainly pros/cons of SLI in general...
I will say that I also tried out a 4870X2 and was generally impressed, but even then I had some driver issues with ATI that I don't have on a single core nVidia card.
So for me, just give me a good performing, reasonably priced single core solution from now on and I'm happy. The GTX 260 core 216 is an amazing product as was my 8800GTX before it...