View Single Post
Old 12-20-08, 01:09 PM   #1
sidux-user

Default Sidux - Type1 not loaded

Hello,

I have a problem using the nvidia driver on my sidux computer. The card Geforce 4 440 Go did work with the kernel 2.6.27.07 before playing around with framebuffer images in TTY (fbi), but started making problems afterwards. With the kernel 2.6.27.10, everything works but the nvidia-driver.

I tried both, the actual driver 96.43.07 and the beta-driver -09, which give the same result. The screen is completely black. It does not even say that it is not working, it's just blank and black.
The last time I logged in, I also was able to hear the "Welcome"-sound, which is strange, because I had no chance to log in...?!?

What I did:
I started the xserver ("startx -- -logverbose 6") on TTY1, ran nvidia-bugreport.sh on TTY2 and after completition, killed the xserver again using ^c.

I think the problem is related to the what I wrote in the title: this is the only error I find in the Xorg.0.log.
Maybe also of interest: The first problems with the xserver appeared, after using framebuffer grafics like fbi. But I have no idea why this should have an influence on the xserver.

Btw, the community "nv"-driver works.

p.s. the logfile was too big, I split it.
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report1.log (110.9 KB, 89 views)
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report2.log (95.7 KB, 103 views)

Last edited by sidux-user; 12-20-08 at 01:13 PM. Reason: files were not uploaded
sidux-user is offline   Reply With Quote