Thanks! Worked like a charm.
Originally Posted by avatar:0:0:
ok, problem can be workarounded by using custom EDID file.
1. shutdown (required to fully reinitialize graphics output)
2. connect your flat panel to your graphics card using old-fashioned vga (DSUB) cable
3. start linux, login to X and start nvidia-settings
4. run Acquire EDID and save edid.bin to some directory
5. add the following line to your /etc/X11/xorg.conf in Section Device for graphics adapter:
Option "CustomEDID" "DFP-0:/full/path/to/edid.bin"
DFP-0 is Digital Flat Panel connected to 1st DVI connector on your nvidia card
be sure to put proper path to edid.bin.
6. reboot (again required to fully reinitialize graphics output)
7. be happy with nice resolution