Re: GTX 260/280 Clock Throttling While in 3D Apps. An Explanation.
I recently got this card, upgrading from a BFG 8800GTX.
I am using the latest nvidia drivers, and getting major major framerate issues.
I just did a 5 man instance, some points I was running as low as 1 FPS my average FPS is 27 :O!!! now on my 8800GTX I was averaging 50+.
It seems to throttle from 1-76 FPS.
This a major problem for me as it's the main game I play, I was expecting to close 100+ frames with the upgrade.
I run in 2560*1600 with max detail. Same as my 8800
I ran through these instructions but it hasn't helped :
1. IN RIVATUNER CLICK ON THE POWER USER TAB
2. CLICK ON + RIVATUNER \ NVIDIA \ OVERCLOCKING
3. CHECK EnablePerfLevelForcing , VALUE = 1
4. MAIN TAB , DRIVER SETTINGS , OVERCLOCKING
5. IN DROP DOWN BOX = FORCE CONSTANT PERFORMANCE LEVEL!
6. APPLY AND IT WILL ASK YOU TO REBOOT , DO SO!
Here are my specs
BFG 680i, Intel 6600 @ 3.4ghz per core, 4* 1 gig Corsair pc8500, BFG BFG GTX 280 1*74gig Raptor, 2*250GIG sata II maxtor (raid),1*500Gig. enermax galaxy 850w,lian-li pc-v1000 / koolance 1/2" water cooled system. Dell 3007 WFP,Vista 64