View Single Post
Old 01-08-09, 11:39 AM   #1
dolphans1

Default NVIDIA Driver won't install on GeForce 6200 LE - EVGA Video Card

I am running Mandriva 2009 32 bit on an AMD Athlon 64 bit ESC Motherboard model 755-A2, chipset SiS755&964, Form Factor -ATX, and my Graphic/Video card is a EVGA GeForce 6200E NVIDIA, 128MB, AGP-8X.

I have tried to install with powerpack, but I get the black screen kiss of death with those EE error messages and I have tried to install manually and same issues.

The only way I can get to desktop is via XFDrake and changing graphics to Custom - org.nv

Can anyone offer any advise as how I might be able to rectify this issue....?

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Here is what it shows that is installed in Mandrake Control Center

1) dkms-nvidia-current - NVIDIA kernel module for GeForce 6 and later cards​ 
NVIDIA kernel module for GeForce 6 and later cards. This is to be used with the x11-driver-video-nvidia-current package. (Green up arrow)

2) dkms-nvidia-current - NVIDIA kernel module for GeForce 6 and later cards​ 
NVIDIA kernel module for GeForce 6 and later cards. This is to be used with the x11-driver-video-nvidia-current package. (blue down arrow)

3) libkwinnvidiahack4 - KDE 4 core library​ 
KDE 4 core library. (Green up arrow)

4) nvidia-current-kernel-2.6.27-desktop-0.rc8.2mnb - nvidia-current driver for kernel 2.6.27-desktop-0.rc8.2mnb​ 
dkms binary kernel modules for the nvidia-current driver version 177.70, built for the 2.6.27-desktop-0.rc8.2mnb kernel. (Green up arrow))

5) nvidia-current-kernel-2.6.27.7-desktop-1mnb - nvidia-current driver for kernel 2.6.27.7-desktop-1mnb​ 
dkms binary kernel modules for the nvidia-current driver version 177.70, built for the 2.6.27.7-desktop-1mnb kernel. (Green up arrow)

6) nvidia-current-kernel-desktop-latest - nvidia-current driver for latest kernel-desktop​ 
dkms binary kernel modules for the nvidia-current driver version 177.70, built for latest kernel-desktop. (Green up arrow))

7) x11-driver-video-nvidia-current - NVIDIA proprietary X.org driver and libraries for GeForce 6 and later cards​ 
NVIDIA proprietary X.org graphics driver, related libraries and configuration tools for GeForce 6 and later cards, including the associated Quadro cards. (Green up arrow)

8) x11-driver-video-nvidia-current - NVIDIA proprietary X.org driver and libraries for GeForce 6 and later cards​ 
NVIDIA proprietary X.org graphics driver, related libraries and configuration tools for GeForce 6 and later cards, including the associated Quadro cards.

Thanks Again......

d-1
dolphans1 is offline   Reply With Quote