View Single Post
Old 01-09-09, 08:04 PM   #32
zim2dive

Default Re: Poor performance for full-screen flash, geForce 8200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysius View Post
It might really be Adobe trying to detect if Compiz is running. Perhaps 173 has a bug that prevents the flash player from doing so.

Nvidia implemented quite a lot of features in the last driver versions, so it might easily be some feature whose presence exposes some "bugs" in other software, that could not be seen or tested before.
I don't think that is the case b/c there are quite a few folks on the avsforums in the linux htpc group that have "lesser" nvidia GPUs that apparently work much better than what I see.. so that seems to point to a particular issue with the 8200 (and 8300?) with 173/177.

I've round and round on this with folks with several different cards.. everyone wants to blame Adobe until I can show them the results of 173 vs 177.. at that point it becomes clear there is a definite issue with the nvidia drivers with regard to the 8200, and those must be fixed before any other solution can have a chance.

Since 177 added hdmi audio to the 8200 (at the same time performance went in the tubes), that is the 1st thing I would inspect (if I had access to the code)... ie. something in that implementation created the slowdown.
zim2dive is offline   Reply With Quote