View Single Post
Old 01-10-09, 09:31 AM   #36
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Default Re: EVGA GTX 295 Quad SLI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jAkUp View Post
To be honest this was the very first thing I tested for.

For some reason World in Conflict just hated the 9800GX2's, and they performed pretty poorly, (likely due to 512MB framebuffer) So this was practically the first game I loaded up, and I am happy to report no microstuttering at all
If I haven't seen it first hand I honestly wouldn't believe it. I had alot of problems with the 9800GX2 stuttering, pausing (Assassin's Creed, GOW, RS Vegas 2), low min FPS. I vowed to never use one of these cards again since I got sucked in with the 7950GX2 and the 9800GX2. I went back to a single 8800GTX which was slower than the 9800GX2 but the gaming experience was 300 times better to me.

That said I won't ever use one of these cards again until Nvidia or ATI can put out some hard evidence that this has been addressed fully. Its funny how none of the reviews touched on this with any of the dual cards. But they go on about it's benchmarked performance. Showing me a high average framerate means nothing when to me it's unplayable with stuttering and pausing. I consider the on net reviews to be half the problem.

Let me just ask you this.. Why, if you had problems with the 9800GX2 was that never mentioned on Nvnews? I know you work for EVGA but being part of the solution is alot more genuine than being part of the problem. I remember seeing the pics of your rig with the GX2s and how fast it was in 3dmark, but as far as I can recall you never mentioned having issues with it when they launched? I'd just like to see some reviews actually address problems like this with dual cards and not just spit out generic benchmarks with numbers but alas why would they jeopardize their free meal for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote