View Single Post
Old 01-13-09, 11:29 AM   #1
tld

Default 177.82 freeze with opengl xscreensaver

I had to downgrade to the 173.14.15 driver because of freezes I've been experiencing with 177.82. Here are the circumstances under which this occurs:

When an opengl xscreensaver activates while I have video paused in MythTV (which is using xv) I frequently get serious freezes where doing a Ctrl-Alt-Backspace won't even respond. At that point MythTV grabs the entire CPU and various other processes lock up. Sometimes I can't even shell into the machine as other processes apparently lock up.

I've attached a bug report, though a few important notes about it:

1) I was, for reasons unknown, unable to reproduce the freezes with --logverbose, so the bug report was run without it.
2) I took me several tries to even get into the machine remotely during the freeze as it seems to lock up sshd sometimes. When I finally did, the freeze caused nvidia-bug-report.sh to hang until I opened another shell and killed the mythfrontend process...so I don't know whether or not the report captured the pertinent info.

That's the best I could do, and I risked my hard drives by powering my machine off several times getting it.

Thanks in advance.

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-bug-report.log (71.4 KB, 97 views)
tld is offline   Reply With Quote