View Single Post
Old 01-14-09, 10:56 AM   #55
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Default Re: Mirror's Edge out today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
I was playing this earlier today, I couldn't get AA to be applied. 8xAA @ 1920x1200 i could still see the jaggies! With Vsync on and off, I got a lot of tearing (steady 60fps though). And during the second stage, where they are chasing you through the buliding (when aren't they really?) when they shoot through the glass the framerate crawled to 9fps and wouldn't pick back up.

I alt-tabbed and the game crashed, reloaded the level and again when they shot through the glass the framerate tanked. My only guess for the drop would be Physx's, I am running 181.20, and have phsyx and sli enabled.

I plan on re-installing (not due to the game, but for a clean install) today so I will try it out again. But the game sure is bright!
Yea, the physx stuff dropped me to 30's, but then went back up to 62 (cap). Single 260 GTX with Q6600 in sig. I hate all this eyecandy when it comes at such a cost. Also, be sure to update to 1.01 for the physx random lockup fix.

I think I'm just gonna disable physx not worth the performance hit. Using the latest physx from yesterday and 181.20 in Windows7 x86 here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote