View Single Post
Old 01-14-09, 04:02 PM   #3
xianthax

Default Re: Nvidia + Matrox TripleHead2Go with resolution 5040x1050!

interesting i am about to try something similar...

i currently have 2 x 8600 GTS cards to 4 x screens at 1680 x 1050 but they can't really keep up with what i need, a fair amount of which is due to some ****e 2d accel performance in QT based apps, 180 drivers were a huge improvement but i still can't stand the fact that i'm video card limited in 2d apps, couple windowed 3d apps and amarok redraws as a slide show. Combined with the Xinerama mouse confusion bug, which triggers more often with higher graphics load and its getting to be obnoxious, but i digress...

i'm curious, why not set this up with 1 screen directly to the card, and 2 tied to the other TH2G to the other output, then use twinview to merge them? This would get around the awkward refresh rate the TH2G gets running 3 screens @ 1680 x 1050. would not allow the 6 screens off 1 car obviously but i'd be very impressed if you could make effective use of 6 screens before being crippled by 2D performance issues anyway....

i have a gtx260 in the mail and will have a triple head 2 go as soon as its back in stock at newegg....going to try a few setups to find the best performance, i'd even be willing to drop to 3 screens if the performance is there, i'm generally limited by 2d performance before i can fill 4 screens with windows anyway...i'll try to post some benchmarks of various setups when the parts arrive.

cheers,

x
xianthax is offline   Reply With Quote