View Single Post
Old 01-22-09, 04:18 PM   #28
J-Mag
Weapon of MassConsumption

Default Re: People who don't like Crysis Wars are poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox View Post
I am not trying to have an argument, just stating my opinion. MP's premise was amazing and had me drooling after I played the BETA, little did I know the horrid balance issues will make the game a chore.
Cool by me. I didn't mean to imply that you were being argumentative, just wanted more of your perspective.

Quote:
The game tries to emulate Battlefield but the team-work elements don't quite work out. Put simply, even a single person with a good weapon can wreck havoc thus making the whole idea of "work like a team" irreverent.
While it's true that a player will have significant advantages when vehicle borne or well armed, I don't think either negates teamwork. Sometimes it even forces the opposition to stick together. Anyway, you can always join an Instant Action server where weapons and vehicles are freely available to all.

Quote:
The gameplay as a whole feels sloppy, the crisp weapon implantation of Counter Strike and Call of Duty games is missing. Yes, I know I should judge the game on its own merits but as a whole, movement and aim feel slow and sloppy - not responsive and crisp as they should.
I agree and corridor purists will always prefer CS and CoD over the field type games. Do you think it feels more sloppy than the battlefields?

Quote:
The maps are huge...so huge infact that it literally becomes a camper fest within a few mins. The first person to score few kills will buy Gauss or Sniper Rifle, pick a spot and then spawn camp. If he's a smart arse, he'll get a Tank with repair torch and basically vehicle rape the other team.
There are many smaller maps that are infantry only and do not benefit the sniper at all.

Quote:
If you just joined or lack enough prestige, you have no other option but to get nailed by the Tank or APC that is polite enough to camp the bunker. The serious balance issues will obviously put off any new comers and even piss off the recent players that joined the server.
Again, there's always the team instant action maps, if an individual can't handle getting owned for the first few rounds. I too was initially irritated by unilateral domination, but have consistently found new tactics to overcome superior firepower. Also, some servers have upped the mine limit, so that it's easier for low prestige players to hold an objective.

Quote:
In a game like Quake Wars, for example, even a Pistol can damage big vehicles, but thats not the case in Wars. By default the game gives you no weapon to even counter the spawn rape, nor do you have any protection for it.
This may be a misconception that you have coming from original Crysis. In Crysis Wars you can damage armored vehicles by hitting their weakpoints.

Quote:
Another major issue is Base Rape. Base defenses can easily be taken down and if you're against arsehole players in Power Struggle, they'll chuck capping Energy Sites and just spawn rape you until you quit. I brought a Chopper but as soon as it was spawned, a Gauss Tank camping around my base, way up, was kind enough to blow it to hell.
Some servers make the base defenses impervious to damage. Even then I agree it can be frustrating for chopper pilots when there are gauss tanks around, but I think imbalance more often comes from air superiority so it's nice to have multiple counters to that threat.

Quote:
The thing is, Crytek tried to basically make Crysis MP a rendition of Battlefield series, and seemingly, while they did get some good things, they also transitioned all the flaws that plague BF games.
Yeah, I place Crysis Wars in the same category as the BF series. Do you tend to prefer to CoD, CS, TF type games?

Quote:
Fact of the matter is, I don't have anything against Crytek or Crysis or its Multiplayer, but when you look at the thing as a whole, you clearly have much better offerings available. The multiplayer, aside from some cool weapons, lacks the depth or appeal to retain a hardcore playerbase.
I have been playing for about a year or so on and off and I am still finding new things out about the game, like the capability to freeze mines... Admittedly, it's easy to miss the depth if one aspect of the game creates frustration.

Quote:
The skill ceiling here starts and ends with camping and planting Claymores. And thats amazingly frustrating because clearly the game has great potential. Its just sad it never really gets utilized.
Claymores seem to be one of the things that change the most with patch implementations. They are pretty well balanced now, where you can avoid them if you speed or jump through.
Noobs are still easy to bait with them though... Anyway, thanks for the extra detail behind your opinion.

All I know is that I am starting to get really amped up about Mech Warrior living Legends and I hope that your reasons weigh more than performance when it comes to the lack of fan base for Crysis Wars because it looks like MW:LL is going to be even more demanding on hardware.
J-Mag is offline   Reply With Quote