View Single Post
Old 01-26-09, 09:11 PM   #6
betterdan

Default Re: 60" Mitsubishi DLP - 3d glasses ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medion View Post
At a distance, LCDs have better clarity and are sharper. Up close enough to see the individual pixels, they have that screen door effect. Still, you have to be close enough to not see the entire screen.
I disagree. I see no evidence of this.

Quote:
If you have a living room setup where you can only see it from straight on, and don't invite many friends over, you're fine. As for me, and most people, viewing angles matter.
I disagree with this also. You do not have to look straight on only to watch a DLP set. In fact one of our couches is off to the side and the tv looks fine. I think some people blow this fact out of proportion. You definately do not need to sit straight in front of the set for it to look good. Like I said LCDs have a better viewing angle and that may matter to some. Where you got the idea that it matters to most I have no idea.

Quote:
Like I said, it has little to do with the depth of the set. It's all about quality, and LCD provides a better picture at the same screen size. Of course, for the same price range, many will take a 60" DLP over a 37-40" LCD
Again I disagree, please show me proof of all LCDs having better picture quality than a same size DLP.