View Single Post
Old 09-11-03, 12:36 PM   #587
Clay

Default Re: FLICKER / SOUND NOISE NOT FIXED!!! Just FUDGED!

I have a BFG 5900U that never had filckering problem anyway but here are some thoughts about your post:

Quote:
Originally posted by FluffyKittens
Run the exe and a small simple directx demo starts to run and as such, at a VERY high FRAMERATE.

Now listen to your FX5900 SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! (well mine does)
I might try this if I ever get bored of playing actual games.

Quote:
Another problem I have noticed is that when running a direct3D app I'm developing at a high framerate AND in full screen, RED/PINK and GREEN lines / interference can be seen in the top right of the screen.

Ok so we dont run progs at this high frame rate normally, but even through the noise is reduced in normal use, I can still faintly hear a change in high pitch whine when using the scroll wheel in IE.
A Direct3D app that you're developing yourself? Has it been fully tested, free of bugs that might cause this, etc? WAG here but I doubt that many people will be playing your Direct3D app anyway.

Quote:
Also I've noticed a 10C increase in temp with the new drivers.
Yes, this has been noticed by others. It is still well within the engineering thresholds of the card though.

Quote:
Is this an inherrent problem with all FX5900's are just some manufacturers using cheap parts?
Some manufacturers do use cheap parts but most 5900s out there are reference designs (i.e. made by NVIDIA, sent to partners and partners affix their logo sticker onto fan casing)

Quote:
After paying PREMIUM MONEY for high end card shouldnt we get better?? like a replacement!!! rather than a FUDGED DRIVER.
Based on all of the positive feedback I don't think it is accurate to label this as a fudged driver. If your examples were given using actual games then you might have a point.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote