- Added support for X.org server 126.96.36.1991.
- Fixed a text corruption problem on X.org server 1.5 and up.
- Fixed an X server crash with multiple server generations when GLX is disabled.
- Fixed a bug that caused corrupt window decorations in Compiz.
- Worked around an X server bug that causes text to disappear when a composite manager is enabled on X.org 1.5 and newer.
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/i386
is available for download via FTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
If you are using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
or a more recent FreeBSD 6.x
release, please make sure that the compat5x-i386
package is installed.
Note that the gtk-2.x ports package(s) shipped with FreeBSD releases > 5.3-RELEASE
are binary incompatible with those shipped with FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
; due to this, the `nvidia-settings`
binary shipped with 96.43.10
will not work on FreeBSD > 5.3-RELEASE
. This problem can be solved by (re-)building `nvidia-settings`
# fetch ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nv...6.43.10.tar.gz
# tar zxf nvidia-settings-96.43.10.tar.gz
# cd nvidia-settings-1.0# gmake
# install nvidia-settings /usr/X11R6/bin
If you encounter any problems with the 96.43.10
NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and any relevant log files.