View Single Post
Old 01-28-09, 12:13 AM   #87
qwplayer

Default Re: Sticky: Official "I just got my GeForce GTX 285 or GTX 295" thread

I bought a Galaxy GTX285 on Friday and its squealing like mad especially when fps is higher than around 100fps. I think this is quite normal because my old 8800GTS 512mb (also Galaxy) also squealed although not as loud as GTX 285.

Anyway I am having some problems with 2 games. I use 181.22 drivers on fresh Windows XP SP3 install, E8400 all stock speed.

In GTA4 I randomly get corruption on screen and usually but not always have to restart the computer. This also happened in Crysis Warhead.

Sometimes I can play GTA4 for 2 hours with no problems and sometimes the lockup occurs after 5 or 10 minutes. I played TF2 for 2 hours with no problems. I checked temps and they are fine. They are actually lower than my old 8800GTS 512mb. My PSU is Corsair HX-620.

I ran plenty of benchmarks in Crysis Warhead and everything was fine. Ran 3dmark 06 at least 10 times with no problems. In fact the lockup never occurs during benchmarking only at random times when I'm playing. Basically I'm not getting the stability that I had with 8800GTS 512mb.

Do you guys know what is causing this? Is my card faulty or is it the drivers? I'll try 181.20 but if that doesn't work I'll return the card for a replacement.
qwplayer is offline   Reply With Quote