View Single Post
Old 01-28-09, 12:24 AM   #19
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Default Re: Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage is out now!

I can't get this to work or I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I bought it. It was $12.50, not $10 (had to buy 1000 points, no option to buy just 800). I thought I had installed it but don't see how to access it in the game. When I click on Downloads in the game, I still see the Anchorage download there. There is an option to view it. I click that and game minimizes and the Live webpage loads and shows the game downloaded but not installed. I click the little install thing and it then instantly says installed. I go back to the game and still can't access it. I go to the download option again and the same things shows. I go back to the site again and it again doesn't show it as installed. I do the same install thing again and still the same.

So where are the files actually downloaded to (from the Live Marketplace) in the Steam Fallout 3 folder? I didn't see anything there. I did see them in the documents and settings folder as mentioned on a previous post (but in that folder was the folder "Content" and then 4 other files outside of the "Content" folder) but nothing in any of the Steam Fallout 3 game folders.

I even tried doing it manually by putting those 3 files from the "content" folder into the Fallout3 Data folder and checked both boxes in the Play setting from Steam. Don't know what the hell.

Do you have to be at a certain point in the game? I started a new game and just escaped from Vault 101 into the wastelands.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote