View Single Post
Old 09-11-03, 08:09 PM   #590
Clay

Quote:
Originally posted by LordSpawn
A video card is a piece of hardware that shoulden't require a specific driver for every game. It should have optimized drivers for newer games and a generic driver to handel everything else. maxpower dosen't care about anyone with a flickering problem or the fix since his seems to work properly on his machine. He is coming from the perspective of "na na, my card works and yours does not". He also accepts a product that dosen't live up to expectations. I would take any advice or comments from him with a grain of salt.
This reeks of troll bait; in the off chance that you're being sincere though...

If you associate someone hopping on the bandwagon and talking out their a$$ with credible, salt-worthiness...then yes, please take my advice/comments with a grain of salt and just continue to listen to those you deem credible.

However, if you'll take the time to actually consider my responses to FluffyKittens you'll no doubt see that your inital reaction was incorrect. I was pointing out the fact that his examples were not really worth considering. Do you think they were? Are you going to be running his personally written Direct3D app? Do you intend to sit around and spend time with the C++ MFCfog demo? In short, I just didn't see his example as very meaningful. If, however, he had this problems with a game or actual application after having installed the 45.33 Dets then I would have responded with some attempts to help him figure out why.

I acknowledged the reported temperature increases.

Once again, the overwhelming majority of people (with the exception of SticheS) that installed the 45.33 Dets saw their problems solved. With the news about HL2 benchmark results today many people are tossing their stones at NVIDIA. That's understandable and very predictable...funny how 24 hours ago people were singing about NVIDIA and actually apologizing for some of the asinine statesments they'd made previously.

I especially take umbrage with your following comments:
Quote:
maxpower dosen't care about anyone with a flickering problem or the fix since his seems to work properly on his machine. He is coming from the perspective of "na na, my card works and yours does not". He also accepts a product that dosen't live up to expectations.
[list=a][*]I most certainly do care about anyone with a flickering problem, just do a search.[*]My BFG 5900U does not "seem" to work properly on my machine. It does, in fact, work properly on my machine. How can you have the gall to imply that it does not? Have you tested it? Have you played well over 200 hours of a mulititude of games with it?[*]I am not coming from a "na na" perspective. What purpose would that serve? What benefit would that be to our readers? I have no desire for self-aggrandizement regarding my video card performance. How ridiculous.[*]My 5900U actually does live up to my expectations...so far. I don't have the HL2 benchmark yet to see for myself. With all other games that I currently own, however, it is on par with my 9800Pro. I have no problem openly admitting (which I have numerous times) that my 9800Pro is a better buy, is a bit faster in some games and just seems "smoother" overall. However, I also have noticed many cases where the 5900U has better IQ, AA and AF ...it all depends on the game/scene you comare against though.[/list=a]

You've obviously struck a nerve with me. I'm guessing that you probably could care less and that's fine. I will not stand for someone to blather out false statements about my motives and sincerity here in the capacity of this website. This is not a simple matter of us "agreeing to disagree". You'll find that I do not go about the forums looking to argue or put people down. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and civility. Some people get their jolllies by trolling or beating their chests...I do not. I am here to help out our readers, to help find answers and to moderate.

I respectfully request that you retract your unfounded statements and apologize. I won't hold my breath, though, because based on your post I most definitely take anything you say with a grain of salt.

I do hope that you will prove me wrong though. I like to see things end on a good note and with common sense.

Last edited by Clay; 09-11-03 at 08:19 PM.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote