View Single Post
Old 02-06-09, 11:24 AM   #13
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Microsoft: We Need for 6 Windows 7 SKUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Vista didn't fail because of Apple either.
I hate to dig on Apple here, but if anyone thinks Vista didn't sell good because of a handful of commercials, you need a new brain. Can we look at the percentage of Apple users again? Isn't it still around/less than 10% of the market share? Again, I hate to dig on Apple but if those commercials were so successful at diverting PC users from buying a new desktop/laptop or a copy of Vista, should Apple have about 30%+ market share by now?

Vista is reached the "OK" status but it won't get any better than that? Why is it just "OK"? Because of performance issues. Vista is slow unless you have a pretty good setup; it won't run decent IMO on anything less than a 2GHz CPU, 2GB of RAM and a decent video chipset. I wouldn't dare put Vista on anything less than that, aka, my Dell laptop.

Windows 7 Beta has worked wonders on my Dell laptop where Vista can't, and that's why I think W7 will succeed.

Now, onto pricing for this. I think that Microsoft should drastically slash prices on this OS as an apology to all Windows users who bought new desktops/laptops because their semi-new (2 year old) desktop/laptop couldn't run with Vista before hand. I would pay $100 for a copy of W7 Pro but probably not much over that. Too bad I get a free copy from work

Speaking of work, I downgraded from the W7 beta to Vista Business just because W7 isn't compatible with Logmein and a few of the new features interupt my workflow.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote