View Single Post
Old 02-06-09, 08:23 PM   #3
nicorulez

Default Re: Panasonic Viera TH-46PZ85U va Samsung LN46A950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medion View Post
As far as LCD versus Plasma, here are some very generic differences:

-Plasma is more susceptible to burn-in, as such, people who play video games should lean towards LCDs (even in fast moving games, there is usually some form of HUD).
-LCD's don't have the same overall visual quality as Plasma, so for a non-video gaming movie buff, Plasma might be the better pick.

However, you shouldn't be comparing the Viera (a good, but not the best Plasma) to a Samsung 9 series (the best LCD). Samsung 9 is more comparable to a Pioneer Kuro Elite (plasma). So if you want the best LCD or Plasma, get a Samsung 9, or Pioneer Kuro Elite, respectively.

I haven't used either, but I do own a Samsung 6. The 6, 7, and 8 are all the same in terms of visual quality, and they're amazing by LCD standards. But the 9 is on another level from what I've heard.

I've also heard that the Samsung 9 suffers from poorer quality when viewed from an angle. If you end up deciding on an LCD over Plasma, and your living room setup includes seats that would view it form an angle greater than 45 degrees, might want to settle on a 6-8 series.
I was under the impression that Plasma tv's were less susceptible to burn in now and that issue was kind of a moot point. Am I wrong. Also, a Kuro starts at 50 inches and that is too large. How about the LG LED 47 inch television that is a direct competitor to the Samsung. I heard it is pretty nice. Peace everyone.
nicorulez is offline   Reply With Quote