View Single Post
Old 02-06-09, 11:14 PM   #24
Medion

Default Re: Microsoft: We Need for 6 Windows 7 SKUs

Quote:
Agreed. Although I will say that a dual-core and 2GB RAM is MINIMUM for Vista. MINIMUM.
For basic internet and word processing, you can get by on a dual-core and 1GB of RAM, but I'd recommend actually having superfetch set to OFF. Otherwise, I agree, dual-core and 2GB is minimum, but the performance will be solid with those specs.

Quote:
I really doubt this, although MS really did NOTHING to rebuttle against the Apple ads until the whole Jerry Seinfeld idea came around. But that's MS's fault. I really, really doubt that the Apple ads had a huge affect on the computer illiterates. The Apple ads were simple, but in most cases true . . .
Those ads usually took a truth, and stretched it into the realm of the absurd. I've heard a lot of people tell me why they won't use Vista, and typically, it's garbage recited from one of these ads. 9 out of 10 times when I ask if this person has ever used Vista, the answer is no. Those ads have been very effective, combined with the Pre-SP1 Vista, of slowing Vista sales. And before SP1 had time to gain traction and reverse the damage done of launch Vista, Win 7 was announced.
Medion is offline   Reply With Quote