View Single Post
Old 02-07-09, 10:47 AM   #30
ViN86

Default Re: Microsoft: We Need for 6 Windows 7 SKUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
They may have sold 100M but there aren't any figures on how many of those people went back to XP. Same thing with the bundled copies. I know alot of people went back to the OEMs and bought XP to replace Vista.
whats the difference between me assuming not many went back to XP and you assuming they all went back to XP? THERE IS NONE, you just think youre right because you apply your personal preference and some "stats" you got from you and your friends.

Quote:
Vista didn't fail because of Apple either.
really? so the Mojave project they launched, all that FUD just came from nowhere? sure, there was a lot in papers and on the internet, but the bulk of it was supplied by Apple's douchebag commercials.

Quote:
Vista failed because of high hardware requirements. Windows 7 runs on my laptop that cannot run Vista decently with only 1GB ram and 2.4Ghz P4. I dont need more power for a surfing / email laptop so never felt inclined to upgrade. Vista failed because it wouldnt run on older systems, Vista failed because it couldnt run on many laptops. Vista failed because most people didnt have 8 GB of ram, DX10 GPUs and Quad core CPUs which it needs to run "well". Vista failed because it was Vista. You can lie to yourself all you want but thats the fact of the matter, Apple holds what 3% market share? You really think Apple cause Vista to fail? my God have I got some beachfront property to sell you...
hey genius, why dont you look at the XP launch? XP had "high" hardware requirements too. XP was hated at first like Vista was, too. now you cling to it like its your lifeline, and the truth is, its a ****ty OS that was designed around a kernel based on having your own in house administrator. it was not designed for the masses, hence the 3 SP's and the 1000's of security updates. (and it still can be overwhelmbed by viruses and spyware).

and you took my Apple comment literally, which it was not supposed to be. it was an example of how FUD determined the market situation before the product was even fully used.

have you noticed how you and conroejoe and only a handful of ppl have had problems with Vista? hmm, who am i going to put my money on? people who know wtf theyre doing, or you two tools?

Quote:
Moving on ...MS learned alot from the Vista failure which is why Windows 7 is going to be RTM by the end of the year a comment I made last yet and was ridiculed by the likes of Nekro and Vin for. Imagine that I was right, I knew I was. Windows 7 is being fast-tracked to win back the folks with older PCs that went back to XP, also for the laptop users that Vista just was too much for.
find that post. and windows 7 is vista SP3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Nekros still always wrong.
nekro's forgotten more than youve ever known.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote