View Single Post
Old 02-07-09, 11:59 AM   #31
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Microsoft: We Need for 6 Windows 7 SKUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medion View Post
Those ads usually took a truth, and stretched it into the realm of the absurd. I've heard a lot of people tell me why they won't use Vista, and typically, it's garbage recited from one of these ads. 9 out of 10 times when I ask if this person has ever used Vista, the answer is no. Those ads have been very effective, combined with the Pre-SP1 Vista, of slowing Vista sales. And before SP1 had time to gain traction and reverse the damage done of launch Vista, Win 7 was announced.
I guess this is where we can agree to disagree. I believe that the Apple ads were about 98% on.

Most people I know who have Vista machines hate it because it's so slow. Yes, they have a 1-2 year old PC (around 2GHz CPU, 1 GB RAM) but still, they hate Vista just because it's performance is terrible. I don't know many people at all that haven't tried Vista but all I know is that they tell me that they'd rather have XP any day.

I think Windows 7 is going to be extremely popular because it can run on older hardware where Vista can't.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote