Right, so I'll be sticking to 173.14.12, no desktop effects (I have no use for them anyway), and these settings in xorg.conf, which seem to fix the scrolling corruption (not really sure why):
Identifier "Configured Video Device"
Option "PixmapCacheSize" "300000"
Option "OnDemandVBlankInterrupts" "True"
Option "NoLogo" "True"
IPP is 1, GC is 0, and I didn't touch them in this session (no startup script with these two anywhere).
Status with the 173 driver:
- Youtube, Standard Quality, windowed + fullscreen: great, low CPU usage
- Youtube, High Quality, windowed + fullscreen: great
- Youtube, HD, windowed + fullscreen: excellent
- Scrolling up and down in my browser: no corruption whatsoever (fingers crossed, hope it lasts)
- This: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40236.html?type=flv: perfect
- Canvas test: http://intertwingly.net/stories/2006...oseTiling.html": horrible. But who cares? Seems to be the only thing that doesn't go wrong in 173 right now, and the only thing right in later versions. I'll compromise on that.
- Adanaxis (3D space shooting game): great, at native LCD resolution, with high details
- BusRate: empty string