View Single Post
Old 09-13-03, 09:55 PM   #609
Clay

Default Re: Lack of luck

Quote:
Originally posted by TheZsenyka
...I was really excited and immediately downloaded the fixed driver. Cool! The flickering was gone. But i knew it just cannot be that easy. With the 45.23 driver my system was stable like a monolith in all games that i have ever played. I usually play about 6 hours on working days, and 12-14 hours at weekend. I tell you what: after installing the 45.33 driver i have started to play Medieval Total War and my system reset in ten minutes. Tried to play Battlecruiser Millennium Gold. Reset in five minutes. Tried a few other titles (UT2003, Jedi Knight Academy etc.) all of them reset in a few minutes...(Sorry for the bad english.)
Did you uninstall the 45.23 driver, shutdown, power back on, and then install the 45.33 driver? You probably did but it's worth mentioning just in case you did not. If you did follow this procedure, did you notice that your card was running much hotter? That could be a factor and the 45.33 has been known to increase temps by around 10 degrees or so. That isn't enough extra heat to really matter but I wouldn't rule it out. Maybe try running with a room fan blowing into your case...just to find out if heat may be the problem or not. Also, if you had been overclocking your card I'd suggest going back to default clocks and re-incrementing from there to determine stability with the new drivers. Good luck!
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote