View Single Post
Old 02-22-09, 12:14 PM   #23
GIDZzz
Plague Rat

Default Re: Should there be an option to disable Powermizer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackCat View Post
pferraro, GIDZzz, and dk75: those options do not work for a great many people. They used to, but they don't anymore. I don't know whether they were inadvertently broken by Nvidia during some update or whether they were intentionally disabled by them, but presently those options, either in xorg.conf or modprobe, do absolutely nothing for many people. That is why this issue is being discussed in the first place.
What I meant is that when I use nv driver or no driver at all, my clocks are stuck at level 1 of 0-3, so why would disabling PowerMizer fix it? Methinks besides of downclocking the card, it is also supposed to unlock the higher, otherwise unaccessible levels and that is the part, which is broken for me. So, the main point was a doubt about simply turning PowerMizer off being a solution for decreased performance, which people like kantlivelong, busbus or myself experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk75 View Post
I've overclocked Level0 from "200,100" to "200,401" and I've left Level1 untouched at "550,800" - 100MHz memory in 2D mode is strange since even 2D needs a decent speed of memory copying.

So... couldn't you just overclock your Level1 to level of Level3? I know it's "dirty hack" but hey, you don't have any other options right now.
Coolbits are broken on mobile platforms, leaving video bios hacking as the only way to do some overclocking. Or is there another, easy method?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk75 View Post
What's the output of this command:
Code:
nvidia-settings -q GPUPowerSource -t
Nope, it's not the battery.
GIDZzz is offline   Reply With Quote