View Single Post
Old 02-25-09, 04:30 AM   #4
sillium

Default Re: 180.29 Xinerama Freeze and console switch problem

Hi,

i had similar problems with xserver 1.5, nvidia, xinerama, 3 monitors and rotation.
Console switching wouldn't work (Got an empty console window, typing commands worked though).
Furthermore there where some nasty graphical bugs which only occured with rotation.

My solution was to switch back to xserver 1.4.
If you a recent ports tree you can do this with a supfile like this:

Code:
*default host=CHANGE_THIS.FreeBSD.org                                                                                    
*default base=/var/db                                                                                                  
*default prefix=/usr                                                                                                   
*default release=cvs date=2009.01.23.00.00.00                                                                          
*default delete use-rel-suffix                                                                                         

*default compress                                                                                                      

ports-x11-servers
For me it even worked to build x11/xorg (7.4) without any problems:

$ pkg_info -I xorg-7.4 xorg-server-1.4.2,1
xorg-7.4 X.Org complete distribution metaport
xorg-server-1.4.2,1 X.Org X server and related programs
sillium is offline   Reply With Quote