- Fixed a problem that caused signals to be blocked in some applications.
- Fixed a problem that could cause Xid errors and display corruption in certain cases when OpenGL is used to render to redirected windows, for example when Java2D is used with the -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true option.
- glGetStringi(GL_EXTENSIONS, i) no longer returns NULL in OpenGL 3.0 preview contexts.
- Fixed a problem that caused the screen to flicker momentarily when OpenGL applications exit unexpectedly on GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs.
- Fixed an X server crash when an X client attempts to draw trapezoids and RenderAccel is disabled.
- Improved recovery from certain types of errors.
- VDPAU updates:
- Fixed corruption on some H.264 clips.
- Update documentation.
- Fixed VC-1 decoding on 64-bit platforms.
- Improved handling of invalid H.264 streams.
- Fixed a problem that caused surfaces to be marked as visible too early when the blit presentation queue is in use.
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/i386
is available for download via FTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
If you are using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
or a more recent FreeBSD 6.x
release, please make sure that the compat5x-i386
package is installed.
Note that the gtk-2.x ports package(s) shipped with FreeBSD releases > 5.3-RELEASE
are binary incompatible with those shipped with FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
; due to this, the `nvidia-settings`
binary shipped with 180.37
will not work on FreeBSD > 5.3-RELEASE
. This problem can be solved by (re-)building `nvidia-settings`
# fetch ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nv...-180.37.tar.gz
# tar zxf nvidia-settings-180.37.tar.gz
# cd nvidia-settings-1.0# gmake
# install nvidia-settings /usr/X11R6/bin
This NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release supports GeForce 6 series and newer
NVIDIA GPUs. GeForce FX GPUs are supported through the 173.14.xx
driver series, while GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 180.37
NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log
file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678