View Single Post
Old 03-18-09, 02:15 PM   #16
Bman212121

Default Re: EVGA announces GeForce GTX 295 Red Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon12 View Post
Yea that is true but I have read of two different people in the last week who have gotten 3 bad ones from EVGA. Several others rmaing at least once.

Its too much of a coincidence for it not to maybe be a bad batch or something. I can link you the threads here, but one of the guys I know personally, and he got three bad ones. One would not even install without errors, the other two wouldn't run at stock clocks without artifacting in crysis.

Evga bins these cards too, thus all the versions, so either the have a bad employee doing it, or there is an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses View Post
If you get 3 bad cards... that has got to be 99% user error. I mean 1 is one thing, that could happen. 2 is REALLY bad luck, but no one gets 3 bad ones.
Yea that's kind of interesting. There is a difference though between the cards artifacting under load and not booting at all. If he claimed all 3 were DOA and wouldn't boot I'd say it is definitely user error. But if they are artifacting then it could possibly be something wrong with that batch that wasn't tested.

After 3 though you'd wonder if at least one of those worked right and maybe a combination of drivers and some other stuff was messing with one of them.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote