View Single Post
Old 03-23-09, 01:53 AM   #5
eliwap

Default Re: Please... I Need Help To Determine if this is an NVidia Bug

If you refer to the first post, you would see that that there is currently a bug report at winehq. With a summary of the work that has been done and a currently available work around which is reported to work with older Nvidia drivers. The game itself works fairly well with the "official" 180.29 x86_64 driver. However, the workaround kills NVidia support for S3TC in wine alltogether rather than selectively.

However, with the newer serires of drivers including 180.41 the corruption that I'm reporting is worse. This makes this a very clear indication that regardless of how well or not well the game was working before there does seem to be a problem with the newer drivers that should be resolved. That being said, if there is one problem, maybe there are more than one problem.

This is not a promo believe me. I do not engage in that kind of activity. However, the game is free to play forever (with some limitations - may or may not be trivial depending on your perspective). The free stuff is free forever. And if your into mmorpg then this one is worth looking into. And the more people looking into this the sooner the problem gets resolved because the more votes can registered at the various bug sites .

Included is a screenshot of how the normal playing area looks under 180.29 x86_64
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pwi_normal_180_29.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	36170  
eliwap is offline   Reply With Quote