View Single Post
Old 09-17-03, 01:34 AM   #67
goblin

Well if Nvidia had paid Eios big money they would have some influence. I have never seen a good working patch pulled before. Sound like more bullying from good ole Nvidia.

Why does this suprise any of you. They were the same back when they crushed 3dfx out of the game. They would intimidate web sites that had 3dfx logos, they would only lend cards to sites that gave good reviews. They bought and paid of many sites. I know, I was there and knew site owners from that period.

They offered no support to 3dfx owners and went out of their way not to give 3dfx users support. They bought 3dfx intellectual rights not the company. That way they did not have to adsorb 3dfx stockholders shares. So 3dfx stockholders got nada, zero.

They have played hardball from day one. At the time people thought they were great. There really was no competition for them so people had no choice. Their hardball tactics are not working on ATI like they did on 3dfx. ATI actually has a better product and Nvidia is having a childs tantrum.

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathlike2
Doesn't that sound exactly like NVidia... except from a different company? Seem kinda odd really...

One of three things are going on here...

1) Tome Raider wasn't meant to be benched (which makes no sense in the first place)

2) NVidia pressure is being put on.. since their performance is still abysmal in DX9 shader performance..

3) Shader performance is not up to par in the developer's opinion (possibly NVidia influenced)

Well... anyways... if NVidia does this to all developers that use DX9... this needs to be STOPPED... as this kind of pressure ISN'T HELPING THE INDUSTRY.. and is pushing it back..

Developers NEED to stand up for themselves (like Valve) and tell it like it is (no PR stunt please)
goblin is offline   Reply With Quote