View Single Post
Old 03-24-09, 02:53 PM   #12
LordJuanlo
Widescreen rules

Default Re: Good new 3D Vision article

I know for gaming it won't be night a day difference between 1920x1200 and 1680x1050, however I need 1080p for video. And 22 inches... thanks, but no.

I'm really impatient to try 3D in Left 4 Dead, this game owns and must be spectacular in 3D (it's one of the most praised games at iz3d forums), but I think it will be worth the wait, by the end of the year iz3d (and probably nVidia) will offer FullHD solutions, and then I will make the jump.

3D is awesome, but I'm used to 1920x1200 in 24", going to 1680x1050 in 22" would be a step downwards when I'm not gaming.

BTW new press release from iz3d today:

Quote:
iZ3D Inc., designer, developer and pioneer of advanced stereoscopic 3D visualization systems, has created new linear polarized glasses for use with the popular iZ3D stereoscopic 3D monitors. The glasses are currently in beta testing are designed for use with the upcoming iZ3D Version 2.0/ DirectX®10 Driver. The company will be showcasing the new glasses on a system running the Version 2.0 driver at the Game Developer Conference in San Francisco, CA March 23-27, 2009 in Booth 6020.

“Customer feedback is very important to iZ3D. We have been forging new ground for stereoscopic 3D displays and drivers for the wide variety of gamers, movie buffs and graphic artists that appreciate the 3D experience. Through this feedback we became concerned with a small percentage of people who saw two variations of color through our partially elliptical polarized glasses,” said Thomas Striegler, CEO iZ3D Inc. “We began to research other types of polarization and were impressed with the many advantages that linear polarization provided to the entire S-3D visual experience.”

The new polarized glasses consist of multiple optical layers instead of one polarized layer. This eliminates color differences some people experience from each eye. The multiple layers create a pure linear polarization that enhances the overall stereoscopic 3D visual experience for everyone. Because of the enhanced imagery, the glasses also provide easier user adjustments to the 3D environment to provide better into and out-of stereoscopic 3D screen effects and ultimately the enjoyment of longer game play.
My next monitor must be Full HD and 26" (about the maximum I can put in my reduced desktop), can't wait to see what iz3D and nVidia can offer me in the coming months.

BTW DarthBeavis those rigs you build are insane LOL
ATI 5870 (Graphics) + GeForce 9600GT (PhysX) on Samsung SM244T 1920x1200
LG GGW-H20L BluRay & HD-DVD / Logitech Z-5500 5.1 DTS / Westone 3 Earphones
Asus Xonar D2 / 360 Elite Wireless Controller / Gigabyte Odin GT 800W
Windows 7 x64
(also a 360 and a PSP )
LordJuanlo is offline   Reply With Quote