View Single Post
Old 03-26-09, 09:56 AM   #10
Bman212121

Default Re: Command & Conquer Generals 2 In Development?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaco View Post
C&C: Generals was excellent. I only played two games for years in row after they came out. The first was Generals. The other was Company of Heroes. Well-made RTS games just have a longevity that no other games have for me, not even MMORPG's.

Normally I don't play "normal" RTS games anymore after playing CoH; C&C3 SP was just "ok", didn't even bother with RA3 and I'm not all that excited about Starcraft 2. DoW2 is really good, but perhaps a bit too simplistic and intense - i probably liked the CoH balance the best. But I actually think that the Generals series could be the exception, that there's a place for a Generals 2 with just little (but still some) innovation from the first. Keeping an eye on this title for sure!
I might have to try DoW2. What you've said seems to reflect my POV pretty well, so it might be interesting to me.

I basically fit with everyone else. I played the hell out of the older titles, I have C & C 3 and while it is okay it didn't really excite me all that much. I played the RA3 beta but I haven't played it since then.

I really hope they do a Generals 2. Modern graphics but similar gameplay.

EDIT: Holy crap, I'm suprised Blizzard hasen't sued them yet. They have "Orks" which look exactly like Warcraft characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
Wow, I'm happy to see there are lots of Generals fans around here.

Usually C&C fans try to forget it even existed.

Its a very underrated game IMO.
I thought it was decent, but it just didn't get enough attention from me when I could play 5 other C & C games. I have everything except for Kane's Wrath and RA3. The only one that didn't work well IMO was renegade.

I'm sure I'll hear a lot of grief but I feel the same way about AOE3. There are a lot of people who like 2 and for some reason don't like 3.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote