View Single Post
Old 04-06-09, 12:32 AM   #4
kazna

Default Re: Is selling your account practical?

I canceled my subscription on the 23rd of March. I created my account on Feb. 18th 2005, so I played it for over four years. What kept me addicted all these years has been the on-realm competitiveness. I played on Shadowsong-US which was a terrible launch server that always lagged behind even newer servers, but there was always a sense of accomplishment from competing for realm firsts even though they were only in the top 300 US kills.

Blizzard has totally killed this aspect of the game. Partly by making entry level raid instances easy from the get-go (Karazhan at BC launch vs. Naxx at wotlk launch), as well as relying on hard modes to keep the hardcore players happy. Ulduar has like, 12-14 hard modes which means the encounters are designed to be easy for the casuals to see, but the hardcore players get the benefit from better gear, so what? Seeing Yogg-Saron's death wont be anything special like Kil'jaeden.

Pre-Wrath: skill + dedication = ability to see new content!
Post Wrath: skill + dedication = only better gear!

Its simply not worth the time investment anymore. PvP is still fun and compeditive, but thats not what kept me playing for four years.
kazna is offline   Reply With Quote