View Single Post
Old 04-06-09, 03:42 PM   #9
kazna

Default Re: Is selling your account practical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
I don't agree at all, and frankly that's a very typical elitist point of view you've got there
I'll give you that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
And as for the "pre-wrath / post-wrath" comparison, it seems nostalgia has affected your perspective.
I was trying to get across the purpose of attunements and the scaling of difficulty. To see more content to had to complete the previous content, either through attunements or gear requirements. This is totally gone in wrath. Ulduar will be cleared by pugs just the same was Naxx is now, because the difficulty is in the hard modes, not the encounters themselves.

Clear Ulduar? Well thats not an accomplishment, everyone else has too. Grats, you spent a week working on a hard mode for gear thats 10 iLevels higher, but you end up seeing and experiencing the same thing everyone else does. The time investment doesn't justifiy the reward for the hardcore players anymore.

I don't have any desire to play another MMO anytime soon. Just finished Chrono Trigger and New Game+ for all the endings, and it was an awesome change. Next up is Chrono Cross (which I never finished on the PS1!)
kazna is offline   Reply With Quote