View Single Post
Old 04-07-09, 08:02 AM   #976
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Official World of Warcraft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Anyhow, I tried questing solo tonight, and keep getting pwnd! This is pissing me off! I'm half tempted to ask a buddy of ours to run body guard for me so I can complete my quests! Don't know if she'd do it for me though... she don't know me very well and I've yet to do anything for her (she's level 80, I'm 50... what can I do for her? ).

Anyhow, just wanted to vent. I play on Spirestone, I'm alliance, and my character name is Hildalgo. Anybody want to join up with me... please do! I'm getting to the point to where I don't even want to play this game unless it's with somebody else. I hate playing a game where all you do is die repeatedly without accomplishing much, if anything at all.

Anybody else feel the same way? Or is it just me.
You're playing a Paladin and having trouble soloing? One of the best solo questing classes in the game (well, post-50 anyway)? You should be taking on several mobs at a time without breaking a sweat. My guess is your gear and spec are a mess. By level 50 you should understand the class mechanics enough to get through questing, so I won't go into detail about that. Spec Ret and focus on Strength. Ignore anything with Intellect on it for now as it won't do you any good. If you find some hit rating or crit rating, go for it. Until you get to Hellfire Peninsula though, you aren't going to see much "rating" gear. Here's the spec you should be using:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZZVf0toIucMsLz

Damage rotation should be Judge, Crusader Strike, auto-attack till CS and Judge are off cooldown, rinse repeat. Keep speccing into Ret until you have Divine Storm and all of the deep-tree DPS talents. Make your tree look like this basically:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxZVfbtbIucrsguAo

At 80 spec however you want. But spec Ret for leveling. Prot can level alright too but it's a real ***** until later on. If you want to be a unique snowflake you can go Holy around 70 and it won't be too bad (that's what I did on mine). Have fun, hope that helps!

edit: I armory'd you. Forgot you mentioned your guy's name in there! Anyway, your gear is decent enough for the most part, I'd replace the chest but it seems like you have an idea what to look for already. Your spec is decent for the most part, could use some fine-tuning but it's overall on the right track. Don't really know why you're having issues man.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote