View Single Post
Old 04-07-09, 11:46 AM   #977
Redeemed

Default Re: Official World of Warcraft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
You're playing a Paladin and having trouble soloing? One of the best solo questing classes in the game (well, post-50 anyway)? You should be taking on several mobs at a time without breaking a sweat. My guess is your gear and spec are a mess. By level 50 you should understand the class mechanics enough to get through questing, so I won't go into detail about that. Spec Ret and focus on Strength. Ignore anything with Intellect on it for now as it won't do you any good. If you find some hit rating or crit rating, go for it. Until you get to Hellfire Peninsula though, you aren't going to see much "rating" gear. Here's the spec you should be using:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZZVf0toIucMsLz

Damage rotation should be Judge, Crusader Strike, auto-attack till CS and Judge are off cooldown, rinse repeat. Keep speccing into Ret until you have Divine Storm and all of the deep-tree DPS talents. Make your tree look like this basically:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZaxZVfbtbIucrsguAo

At 80 spec however you want. But spec Ret for leveling. Prot can level alright too but it's a real ***** until later on. If you want to be a unique snowflake you can go Holy around 70 and it won't be too bad (that's what I did on mine). Have fun, hope that helps!

edit: I armory'd you. Forgot you mentioned your guy's name in there! Anyway, your gear is decent enough for the most part, I'd replace the chest but it seems like you have an idea what to look for already. Your spec is decent for the most part, could use some fine-tuning but it's overall on the right track. Don't really know why you're having issues man.

Thanks buddy! I'm uber-nub is what the problem is. Anytime I play I'm playing with my buddy, and pretty much just follow him around. When taking on several level 55s for example, I can do it, but I just have to spam flash of light (or what ever it's called to heal me) and my AoE.

The main thing that is aggrevating is not knowing the world. I'm reading a quest, and don't have a clue as to where to go to complete it. That's what I get for just following my buddy around I guess.

Anyhow, thanks for the links and tips. Do you play on that server?
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote