I have a thread already, thought I would add my info here.
(more details, logs provided here)
My card is a 9500GT with 1GB memory.
My card I know has DDR2 onboard.
Also, the VDPAU error numbers are different to those given, I have
VDPAU nvidia: Error detected 1026 58 5
VDPAU nvidia: Error detected 0 2589
For the record, have attached vdpinfo output. It doesn't mean much to me.
1) Both 180.44 and 185.19 fail
2) Motherboard BIOS up to date
3) Doesn't appear to be downloadable BIOS for video card
4) Have been unable to get VDPAU playback working with this card under any circumstances. However, playback on this system works (jittery though) with onboard gpu.
5) Composite extension disabled.
6) No PCI cards.
7) No overclocking
8) Not that I can think of.
9) Yes, as given in linked thread.