View Single Post
Old 04-19-09, 04:24 AM   #9
kernelOfTruth
Gentoo Linux addict

Default Re: 180.50 -> 180.51 differences

NEWS:

1) I re-compiled cairo without glitz (-glitz in its use-flags) and immediately after that cairo

2) following after that I re-compiled all of pango's and cairo's dependencies (equery d cairo; equery d pango) and now no more general protection or segfault anymore

so for those gtk-apps (could also be kde-apps with gnome-support compiled in) causing lots of libGL.so general protection messages in the logs and crashing (somehow being triggered by drivers from nvidia >180.29 to 180.51 right now)

this fixed it

firefox and mozilla-thunderbird are now working fine, too (just as I posted somewhere else in this forum that compiling cairo without glitz use-flag would fix it) - no more crashing

instruction how to fix it:

those encountering those crashes and running compiz-fusion from desktop-effects overlay do the steps above (cairo without glitz; pango and cairo deps; eventually also kde-apps with gnome-support or others with gnome-support) and the following:

change:

Quote:
DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
>=dev-util/intltool-0.35
>=dev-util/pkgconfig-0.19
>=sys-devel/gettext-0.15
x11-libs/cairo[glitz]
gnome? ( gnome-base/gconf )
"
to
Quote:
DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
>=dev-util/intltool-0.35
>=dev-util/pkgconfig-0.19
>=sys-devel/gettext-0.15
x11-libs/cairo
gnome? ( gnome-base/gconf )
"
(glitz useflag dependency removed) in the compiz-plugins-extra-0.8.2 and re-digest

(ebuild compiz-plugins-extra-0.8.2 digest)

then re-emerge compiz-plugins-extra and any other remaining packages depending on cairo or pango

that should get your system in a working (non-crashing) state
Ubuntu Jaunty/9.04 x86_64 Dell XPS M1330
kernelOfTruth is offline   Reply With Quote