View Single Post
Old 04-23-09, 01:22 PM   #3
xmrbig

Default Re: Dual Desktop - Wrong window maximizing size on TV

Unfortunately I can't help as I am having a similar problem.

I have a Geforce 9400 series mGPU, running dual head (separate X screens - Sony LCD TV @1368x720 and Dell E228WFP @1680x1050) with the 180.22 driver.

When experimenting with different primary monitor resolutions & found that the second monitor (Sony TV) mistakenly uses the primary monitor resolution when maximizing certain program windows - I have the problem running vlc, firefox, and konqueror for instance, but not with MythTv. The desktop itself is perfectly scaled on both screens.

I currently have this setup working perfectly with the same OS (PClinuxOs 2009) on my old pentium 4 with FX 5200 card and the 1.0-977 driver.

Interestingly, when I run compiz-fusion the problem does not occur - all applications scale to the correct resolution on the second screen. The problem is that compiz-fusion is not stable & I get hard locks, e.g. every time I try to type a web address into firefox and the drop down list of previously visited sites appears.

So I'm in a bit of a catch 22 at the moment.

I've attached my xorg.conf in hopes someone more knowledgeable than I can provide me some insight.
Attached Files
File Type: txt xorg.txt (1.1 KB, 110 views)
xmrbig is offline   Reply With Quote