View Single Post
Old 04-25-09, 09:22 AM   #32
Quantumstate

Default Re: Video Haltiness Multiple Times/Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyavenard View Post
1-You aren't running mythtv with VDPAU support. VDPAU could still show in your profile because you did run a mythtv with VDPAU support in the past so it created the profile.
But right now, you do not have vdpau support in your mythtv
This problem was resolved with a subsequent compile. When I patched and compiled with the latest noted versions, it now engages VDPAU.

But the problem now is with any damaged H.264 HD transport stream. (like the one I uploaded above) VDPAU is very intolerant in Myth, and in fact locks up hard for both the Dog and I. Yet when Stephen plays it in Xine and Mplayer it's pretty good. This tells me that the problem is somewhere with the Myth patch. I suspect that the underlying problem is with VDPAU, but it is exacerbated in the Myth patch.

Quote:
Not sure what you mean with ubuntu package system being busted.
Hardy on my laptop will no longer install many packages. (says they're 'broken') So tomorrow I'm going back to Debian Testing.

'Busted' is an old southern US colloquial term, meaning broken. In most parts of the US the newer meaning is 'arrested by the police', but that's not the intended use here.

Quote:
But you could save yourself a lot of hassle by using my ubuntu repository.
I'd love to but first, I'll be running Debian tomorrow, and second I must also install Alan Nisota's R5000-HD patch so I can record Dish satellite TV. This is the source of my TV. (and often the damaged streams) I have no choice but to compile Myth-fixes source.

Quote:
ffmpeg in 0.21 is rather old ; and hasn't been updated since 0.21 got released 1.5 years ago.
I'd understood that Myth uses only libavcodec from ffmpeg? Isn't the libavcodec in -fixes, newer?
Quantumstate is offline   Reply With Quote