Re: 9600M GT won't throttle up under load
I reported the same bugs to linuxbugs@nvidia:
1. I cannot switch back to virtual terminals  once X is started.
Screen stays black. I can switch back to X.
I tryed some module options as found on your forums, but none help.
2. GPU won't throttle up the clock under load.
"Performance level" switches between "0" and "1" (NV clock 275MHz),
never "2" or "3" (NV clock 500MHz).
Those bugs they occur:
- with standard debian lenny kernel (2.6.26) and debian packaged nvidia drivers
- with standard debian lenny kernel and recents official nvidia drivers
- with 2.6.29-rt debian unstable kernel and official nvidia drivers
- with 2.6.29-rt debian unstable kernel and debian unstable packaged nvidia source, build with 'module-assistant'.
I hope the attached log report helps.
 using key combinaison "CTRL+ALT+[1-7]"