View Single Post
Old 04-27-09, 03:56 PM   #36
Quantumstate

Default Re: Video Haltiness Multiple Times/Second

Thanks Stephen. But see my overall concerns are that:

- The stream discontinuities are not being addressed. Are you saying that your mplayer is using the latest ffmpeg? And that any Myth in existence will not be able to cope well with stream discontinuities?

- I thought that ffmpeg isn't even in the mix with Myth and Mplayer. I thought that only a subcomponent of ffmpeg (libavcodec) was what is integrated. And that libavcodec compiled into mythtv-fixes and Mplayer is much newer than the stock ffmpeg one.

- The Dish transport stream (with its slight differences) is not even being considered by anyone. (referenced sample) This is a concern for three reasons:
a. It is more likely to have stream discontinuities than a DVD program stream; and
b. I would like to clean the TS to a PS with a tool like avidemux, but avidemux can't understand the indexing in a satellite TS. The developer is indifferent, as is apparently jyavenard (VDPAU patch) since he doesn't seem to grasp the problem; and
c. Sure not everyone gets the pure TS from sat providers yet, but those of us who do are trying to give an early warning. This has such technical merit that it has to take off and so apps should be able to accommodate.
Quantumstate is offline   Reply With Quote