View Single Post
Old 04-29-09, 10:48 AM   #28
Revs

Default Re: 2000 to spend on a cinema setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweavernoob View Post
What would you recommend in the way of speakers. My Z-5500 are crap and are basically going to be thrown away (given to family).

I am I right in thinking this is how I need to buy:

Amplifier (some box thingy that everyone keeps talking about)
5x Speakers
1X subwoofer.

I've changed my budget to accomodate the financial markets

I figure I can spend around 500-700 at the top end. I would be looking for it to kick the arse of the Z-5500 (which cost 170) at this price.

Im open to suggestions (eg buy this woofer and two speakers and save up etc).
For that sort of budget I'd be looking at the Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 kit, 500 for all 6 speakers including an active sub. It's received very good reviews in the mags.

Quote:
"At 500 this package sets a new standard for build, design and sonic quality." What Hi-Fi Sound & Vision magazine.
For an amp/receiver, I'm a big fan of Denon, and just about any of the amps in their range will sound good and be powerful enough to power these speakers. Obviously the more you pay the better the quality, but as you go up through range the main benefit is features. So as long as you make sure the amp has the features you want and isn't the very cheapest in the range I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. Again, it might be an idea to read some amp reviews to get a better picture of what's good and what to avoid.
Revs is offline   Reply With Quote