View Single Post
Old 09-21-03, 10:35 AM   #14
digitalwanderer

Default Re: Re: Re: FM Interview at 3D center

Quote:
Originally posted by worm[FM]
Didn't I just reply to this exact same post over at B3D? Or is it deja-vu..

Anyway, the fact is that we (Futuremark) made some last minute edits & changes and we wanted that all our Beta members would have enough time to read them through thoroughly.
Yes you did, but you didn't really answer the question there either just like here. (And no Worm, I haven't forgotten that B3D thread at all....it's nice & fresh in me mind written in 10 foot high flaming letters... )

Quote:
Originally posted by gordon151
Futuremark has many partners, each of them with their own objectives and goals that don't correlate with that of nVidia's. Why you believe they would somehow disregard other members to serve the needs of nVidia is beyond me. Just because they aren't jumping in nVidia's face calling them "cheater, cheater"?
Because they called nVidia "cheaters" before and then after a brief consultation with nVidia came out and called them "optimizations"...kind of why I'm doubting that they're sincerity about making their benchmark fair again.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote