View Single Post
Old 05-07-09, 05:31 PM   #3
SIl0x0000

Default Re: Not able to run Xorg 1.5.3 on a GeForce 9300M (in an EMS64T) using driver ver 180

Hi AaronP,

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP View Post
Your X server is very confused about which device is primary. Please uncomment the BusID line you have in xorg.conf and generate a new log. Please also attach the log from the vesa driver.
I tried to start te x server with both vesa and nvidia drivers enabled see the attachments for the logging. The results with the nvidia driver is exactly the same. The vesa driver still works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP View Post
Typically the X server will do a PCI bus scan and list all of the devices it finds right before the line that reads "(II) System resource ranges:". It looks like your X server didn't do that. I'm not sure what could cause that problem, but it sounds like a bug in your X server or kernel. Could your X server have been built without PCI support somehow?
I built the X server as i usually do on gentoo... I will look into what it exactly compiles... I will post it when i have that clear.

thanx in advance!

PS. In the Vesa log there are resources ranges, so i guess that works or at least X tries too. above the first resource scans there is the same line...
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log-vesa.gz (28.6 KB, 85 views)
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report-nvidia.log.gz (25.3 KB, 89 views)
SIl0x0000 is offline   Reply With Quote