View Single Post
Old 05-09-09, 05:47 AM   #25
agentkay

Default Re: PhysX officially sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterman View Post
As API, i like it, but, i do not like to waste gfx power in PhysX.

I still can't run my fav games with the fps & IQ that i would like.
You are aware that they put an on/off PhysX switch into the control panel for a reason. You can turn it off if you'd rather use your GPU only for rendering.

PhysX is great if you prefer single GPU cards, because you dont need to sell or give away your old GPU, you can use it as your dedicated PhysX card, at least thats what I will use my 8800GTX once I upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusGear View Post
I think nvidia should release physics only cards for the atis side as this physics pc market divide would decimate pc gaming. Also dx10.1 is far from useless: every single game that uses dx10.1 has a huge performance jump vs dx10. DX11 has a lot of dx10.1 with the addition of tessellation and a few other things. And this has nothing to do with nvidia or ati as nvidia can gain the performance boost of dx10.1 when their dx11 cards will come out.
It's useless because in a few months it will be obsolete thanks to DX11. IMO Nvidia did absolutely the right thing to fully focus on DX11,PhysX,CUDA,GPGPU R&D instead of "wasting" resources on DX10.1.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote