View Single Post
Old 05-12-09, 01:24 PM   #28
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: New Hitman Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
I agree... Wolverine is a great game. Blood Money was a great game. Bioshock was a great game. All multiplatform. There are more but I don't want to get into it right now. You want to know what I hate? Not games being "teh consoliezedsdde" but when I buy DLC for FO3 on PC and it just completely breaks my game. I am sure the 360 version is working just fine... but consoles AER TEH EVIL!
"Consoles just work" is usally my mantra when I switch to them, which I try to do every couple years. It's certainly their main upside.

I'm not really speaking toward that thouh, I'm just saying we need to accept market realities and quit knocking great games for being developed for consoles as a baseline. The market on PC is just not strong enough to support it being the baseline, and it's actually much easier to "start at the bottom" graphics wise anyway. One of the reasons the PC still sees such robust support despite the bad press, bad sales and piracy is because it's pretty damn easy to port a console game over without much investment. It's not going to change, unless PC sees a resurgance at some point. Pete Wanat was on a podcast I listen to recently and he basically said they reason there are still PC versions of all these games is because they're basically free to make.

So get over it, it's not changing, enjoy the games rather than focusing on this crap. Enjoy that they run in greater resolutions with more AA and have awesome mouse-aim... even the lamest console port is usually better than the original version.

Basically stop bit#^%ng. Thanks.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote