Originally Posted by npras42
Possibly, I can tell you pretty much everything I had installed though:
System: Intel Q9400 @ stock, 4GB 1066 DDR2, 9800GTX+, Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard.
- Windows Updates inc driver software for my "MSI k-VOX II USB TV Tuner" and "Realtek HD Audio" that were on Windows Update.
- NVIDIA driver plus PhysX (latest beta) - can't remember version number off the top of my head.
- Office 2007 (no SP) - Word 07, Excel 07, Powerpoint 07.
- FFDshow (latest) plus Media Player Classic
- Nero 8
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 7.0
- Flash Player and Shockwave
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- SopCast OCX
Anything that is running all the time could be causing your problems. Objectdock, make sure you are disabling the auto update features in msconfig for reader and all the crap that Nero has running on startup.
I dont know how picky you are about that stuff, but in my msconfig under startup the only thing that I let run is the software for my sound and the Nvidia things. Nothing else runs on startup or in the back ground on my machines. I have a feeling though its something you have running causing the profile issues. How often does it happen? Try disabling everything from MSconfig / startup and see if you can get it to happen.