View Single Post
Old 05-17-09, 09:27 AM   #62
Buio

Default Re: IGN bashes Microsoft PC game support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriega View Post
You're missing the point. It have nothing to do with belives. MS know that they will not make big money from gaming OS
First of all, the reply to Phyxion was correct. He missed the point, as he thought it was another "doom of PC gaming" topic which it wasn't. And you reply to that saying I missed the point? I think you failed a bit there.

The rest of your post is fine though, because it discusses the topic and has some good points.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that Microsoft first of all pulled all gamers into a locked system with DirectX and Windows. Then they fire all their PC studios while pumping insane money into a only moderately successful console studio (they are keeping it probably because no one else wants to do kids games for their system?). They also fire people that worked on Games for Windows. Basically Microsoft do not want to push that part any more, because they feel they cant earn any money there.

That leaves us with a company that basically don't give a crap about PC games, while still having all PC gamers locked into their Windows and their DirectX.

Give me the option to play games on Linux and I will throw Windows out, thanks. I don't want to be forced to pay money to a corp who don't believe in PC gaming.
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote