View Single Post
Old 05-19-09, 10:16 PM   #1
Bigbuck

Send a message via MSN to Bigbuck
Default Random PC Blackouts

Not sure if blackout is the correct term for it, so I will describe my problem. I sometimes get this problem where my monitor screen with shut off yet my PC is still running. I cannot tell if it is unresponsive since I cannot see anything plus its on my laptop so I cant actually tell if the power to the monitor is cut. I had this happen on Vista a few times and now it happens very frequently while playing Fallout 3 under Win7. I thought it might have been from overheating since I know my laptop does get quite warm, but I do not think that is the cause. Looking at the event logs I get this:

Quote:
The description for Event ID 1 from source Bonjour Service cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

mDNSResponder started

The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file
I had thought Bonjour was an Apple product but I guess it is on any Windows system. I have not installed any Apple products yet I have the Bonjour folder on my PC. I did not find any service for this. Am going to try installing Bonjour now and see what happens. Anybody else encounter this?
Bigbuck is offline   Reply With Quote